Markets were tense and somewhat sleepy ahead of the publication. The US has been engulfed by a political storm this week. President Trump fired FBI Director Comey in a controversial decision that could derail his agenda. However, markets shrugged off the event.
April 2017 retail sales and CPI data (updated)
- Retail sales: previous -0.2%, expected +0.6%, actual:
- Core retail sales: prev 0%, exp 0.5%, actual:
- Retail control group: prev 0.6%, exp 0.4%, actual:
- CPI m/m: prev –0.3%, exp +0.2%, actual:
- Core CPI m/m: prev -0.1%, exp +0.2%, actual:
- Core CPI: prev 2%, exp 2%, actual:
- CPI y/y: prev 2.4%, exp 2.3%, actual:
We still have another important release later today: US consumer confidence, coming at 14:00 GMT. This will be a fresh number for the month of May.
from Forex Crunch http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/ForexCrunch/~3/Za5-14nWcDc/
from Online Forex Trading Resource
View thesource article here